Prof. Dr hab. Jan Antosiewicz
Division of Biophysics
Institute of Experimental Physics
University of Warsaw
Pasteura 5, 02-093 Warsaw, Poland
Phone: +48 22 5532340
Current research interests
Application and development of stopped-flow, laser flash photolysis, brownian dynamics and molecular dynamics methods to study electrostatic and hydrodynamic effects in kinetics of molecular association and molecular dynamics.
Investigation of protein-ligand association by stacionary and transient near and far UV CD spectroscopy.
Past research interests:
Constant-pH molecular dynamics and molecular electrostatics simulations of proteins and protein-ligand systems.
Investigation of kinetics of protein-ligand association by Brownian dynamics simulations.
Investigation of multiple protonation equilibria in proteins using Poisson-Boltzmann model of their aqueous solutions.
Analysis of macromolecular structures and their dynamics in solution by quantitative electro-optics.
Investigation of biopolymer dynamics by T-jump spectroscopy.
Investigation of hydration of biomolecules by ultrasonic velocimetry of their aqueous-alcoholic solutions.
|1978 - 1986||Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland; Research Associate|
|1986 - 1988||Max Planck Institut für biophysikalische Chemie, Goettingen, Germany; Postdoctoral Research Associate.|
|1988 - 1992||Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland; Adjunct.|
|1992 - 1995||Institute for Molecular Design, University of Houston, Houston, Texas, USA; Postdoctoral Research Associate; and Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, USA; Visiting Assistant Research Chemist.|
|1995 - 2001||Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland; Adjunct.|
|2002 -||Department of Biophysics, Warsaw University, Warsaw, Poland; Professor|
- Jan M. Antosiewicz, Kamil Kamiński, and Maciej Długosz, Hydrodynamic Steering in Protein Association Revisited: Surprisingly Minuscule Effects of Considerable Torques, J. Phys. Chem. B 2017, 121, 8475-8491, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcb.7b06053.
- Jan M. Antosiewicz and Maciej Długosz, Does Ionic Screening Lower Activation Barriers for Conformational Transitions in Proteins?, J. Phys. Chem. B 2018, 122, 11817-11826, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcb.8b07525.
- Paweł Czajka, Jan M. Antosiewicz, and Maciej Długosz, Effects of Hydrodynamic Interactions on the Near-Surface Diffusion of Spheroidal Molecules, ACS Omega 2019, 4, 17016-17030, DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.9b02618.
- K. Stachurska, P. Grochowski, and J. M. Antosiewicz, Diffusional Encounter Rate Constants for Xanthone and 2‐Naphthoic cid by Flash Photolysis Experiments and Brownian Dynamics Simulations: Substantial Effects of Polarizability of the Triplet State, J. Phys. Chem. B 2019, 123, 9328-9342, DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcb.9b07989.
- Jan M. Antosiewicz and Maciej Długosz, Constant-pH Brownian Dynamics Simulations of a Protein near a Charged Surface, ACS Omega 2020, 5, 30282-30298, DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.0c04817.
- B. Wielgus-Kutrowska, U. Marcisz and J. M. Antosiewicz, Searching for Hydrodynamic Orienting Effects in the Association of Tri-N-acetylglucosamine with Hen Egg-White Lysozyme, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2021, in press.