Areas of scientific activity
- Biophysical analysis of specific intermolecular interactions of proteins and ribonucleic acid (RNA) fragments in translation, mRNA splicing and intracellular transport.
- Chemical syntheses and biological functionality in gene expression, of oligonucleotide mRNA 5' cap analogues.
- Development and application of relaxation, and computer symulation, methods, in structural, dynamic, and functional studies of biopolymrers and characteristic of some selected biomolecular systems.
- Development and application of large-scale molecular modelling and bioinformatics.
- Identification and characteristics of the ligand structures in enzyme active centres by emission spectroscopy; mechanisms of enzymatic activity of purine nucleoside phosphorylases and thymidilate synthases.
- Structures and spectral properties of plant thylacoids.
- Biophysical basis of purine nucleoside phosphorylases activity; synteses and biological studies of the inhibitors of potential chemiotherapeutic activities.
- molecular spectroscopy (UV-VIS, fluorescence emission, stopped-flow, NMR, CD), X-ray diffraction,
- mass spectrometry,
- molecular photophysics,
- electrochemistry, chemistry,
- genetic engineering.
- classical, Brownian, and quantum molecular dynamics,
- molecular modeling,
- multiscale modelling and bioinformatics,
- quantum chemistry.
Laboratories and equipment
Standard biophysical laboratory instruments and modern equipment purchased from the POIG projects:
Biopolymers Laboratory: Innovative Economy Operational Programme Priority 2. Action 2.1. POIG.02.01.00-14-122/09. Physics as the basis for new technologies - development of modern research infrastructure at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Warsaw
Analytical Ultracentrifugation Laboratory: Innovative Economy Operational Programme, Priority 2. Action 2.2. POIG.02.02.00-00-025/09. Support of Formation of Common Research Infrastructure of Scientific Units. National Multidisciplinary Laboratory of Functional Nanomaterials